Welcome to the Tech Gypsies podcast, Kin Lane and Audrey Watters' weekly discussion of the latest technology (and the politics of technology) news.
In this episode, we talk about libertarian futurist fantasies, regulatory mechanisms, and the schadenfreude of watching tech CEOs squirm and grovel in Trump Tower.
Here are some of the stories we referenced:
- "Amazon drones and the hype machine mistakenly fueling the drone industry" via The Drone Girl
- "Uber Refuses to Stop Self-Driving in SF, Setting Up a Legal Showdown" via Wired
- "Elon Musk and the chief executive of Uber are now advising Donald Trump" via The Washington Post
- "Oracle CEO Safra Catz joins Trump transition team" via Techcrunch
- "Source: Twitter cut out of Trump tech meeting over failed emoji deal" via Politico
- "As Trumplethinskin lets down his hair for tech, shame on Silicon Valley for climbing the Tower in silence" via Recode
- "Google, Apple, Uber, IBM Say They Would Not Help Build A Muslim Registry" via Buzzfeed
- "The Perfect Weapon: How Russian Cyberpower Invaded the U.S." via The New York Times
- "My Priorities for the Next Four Years" by Bruce Schneier
Feedback is welcome. (You should email Kin with it though, not Audrey.)