Episode 10: Code Fantasies
Welcome to the tenth episode of the Tech Gypsies podcast, Kin Lane and Audrey Watters' weekly discussion of the latest technology news.
In this episode, we talk about platforms, social media data, blockchains, code, and silly techno-utopian fantasies about "smart" things.
Here are links to the articles we reference:
- "The end of ThinkUp" by Anil Dash
- "Why LinkedIn Will Make You Hate Microsoft Word" in The New York Times
- "The First Big Company to Say It’s Serving the Legal Marijuana Trade? Microsoft" in The New York Times
- "$80 Million Hack Shows the Dangers of Programmable Money" in the MIT Technology Review
- "Blockchain Company's Smart Contracts Were Dumb" in Bloomberg View
Feedback is whatever.