Episode 7: The API Call
Welcome to the seventh episode of the Tech Gypsies podcast, Kin Lane and Audrey Watters' weekly discussion of the latest technology news.
In this episode, we discuss what was a huge week for API-related news: the Google v Oracle case, the Twilio IPO, and the sale of API Evangelist (which is now, thanks to the API community, unnecessary). We also talk about billionaires and lawsuits, billionaires and ed-tech investment, Trump (not a billionaire), and Sea Monkeys.
Here are links to the stories we reference:
- Twilio Is The IPO You've Been Looking For in Fortune
- Google Prevails as Jury Rebuffs Oracle in Code Copyright Case in The New York Times
- More Investment Is Needed Requiring Some Big Changes on Kinlane.com
- API Evangelist Is Up For Sale - Get Your Bids In By Friday on API Evangelist
- Drone Recovery: Resetting on Drone Recovery
- The Most Important API Call on Generosity
- The Community Has Spoken: API Evangelist Will Stay As It Is on API Evangelist
- The Rough Beasts of Ed-Tech on Hack Education
- Peter Thiel Is Said to Bankroll Hulk Hogan's Suit Against Gawker in The New York Times
- Behind the Scenes, Billionaires' Growing Control of News in The New York Times
Feedback is welcome, but if you send it to Kin, don't expect a response as he's not checking email much these days.