Episode 1: The Future of Bots
Welcome to the first episode of the Tech Gypsies podcast, Kin Lane and Audrey Watters' (hopefully) weekly discussion of the latest technology news.
In this episode, we discuss bots (past, present, and future), investment patterns, Facebook's plans for the future, what happens when we can't afford the loans for our Internet-connected devices, and UC Davis' attempts to delete its pepper-spray incident from the Web.
Here are the stories we discussed:
- "The Ideology of the Blockchain" on Hack Education
- "The CIA Is Investing in Firms That Mine Your Tweets and Instagram Photos" on The Intercept
- "Facebook Employees Asked Mark Zuckerberg If They Should Try to Stop a Donald Trump Presidency" on Gizmodo
- "How Technology Helps Creditors Control Debtors" on The Atlantic
- "Facebook launches a bot platform for Messenger" on The Verge
- "UC Davis spent thousands to scrub pepper-spray references from Internet" on The Sacramento Bee
Since this was our first runthrough, it's a little rough, we recognize. Feedback is welcome. (Send it to Kin, not Audrey. She hates email.)